Custodian - Afternoon Shift (2 positions available)
Purpose: Ensure the maintenance and cleanliness of TMI’s London facilities, and TML corporate office facilities.
- Ensure the cleanliness of TMI and TML London facilities including office and industrial
- Maintain adequate consumable supplies in all areas required e.g. washroom, lighting, plumbing, etc.
FACILITIES/ EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE
- Ensure completion of minor repairs, project and maintenance e.g. paint touchup, light changes, minor plumbing repairs
- Perform scheduled service or maintenance
- Ensure that set up and cleanup of special events are completed as required
- Ensure that special cleaning is completed as required e.g. windows, floors etc.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.
- Make recommendations regarding safety related issues
- Ensure to assist with all furniture/office configuration
SPECIALIZED SKILL, ABILITY OR KNOWLEDGE:
- High school diploma
- One to three years of practical experience in a custodial or facilities maintenance role
- High level of integrity and reliability
- Ability to provide a satisfactory criminal record check
- Knowledge of floor maintenance and preservation of tile, carpet and slate
- Experience in high speed buffing, stripping and waxing
- Knowledge of WHMIS
- Knowledge of ISO 13485 standards
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience/knowledge with plumbing, painting an asset
- Scissor lift training asset, willingness to learn
- Ability to coordinate completion of tasks in a timely manner
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Capable of working with minimal supervision
- Proficient with MS Office applications
ESSENTIAL DUTIES REQUIRE:
- Ability to ensure the maintenance and cleanliness of manufacturing and office facilities
- Mobility: ability to walk and stand
- Lower Extremity Function: ability to stoop/bend, twist
- Lifting of 50 lbs on an occasional basis and 15 lbs on a frequent basis
- Carrying of 50 lbs on an occasional basis and 15 lbs on a frequent basis
- Ability to use hands to grip, pinch, and handle
- Mid and minor range of motion of wrists and elbows
- Neck flexion and rotation
- Ability to work in a cleanroom manufacturing environment (e.g. ISO Class 8)
How to Apply
hr [at] trudellmed.com
- Include a résumé and cover letter which includes the job title
- Use Microsoft Word .doc or .rtf formats
- Include the job title and your name in the title of both Word documents
- Include the job title in the Subject line of your email
Trudell Medical International
London, ON N5V 5G4
At the applicant's request, TMI will make accommodation to its recruitment process to meet the needs of applicants with disabilities.
Please send your résumé only once per position.
Résumés will be accepted throughout the process, but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
TMI is an equal opportunity employer.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in joining our team.