As a member of our Operations team, you will oversee the daily operations of warehouse and logistics activities and manage the warehouse and logistics staff while optimizing inbound and outbound transportation and related processes..
- Supervise staff, administer leave, administer quarterly reviews and yearly objectives.
- Develop employee growth plans to achieve a fully flexible work force.
- Plan and allocate resources for warehouse picking and shipping processes to ensure daily shipments are picked and shipped promptly following customers’ requirements.
- Responsible for employee compliance to company policies and production procedures.
- Comply with relevant health and safety legislation, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.
- Pro-actively manage employees to work safe at all times, i.e., by maintaining personal competency in departmental processes, equipment operation, materials usage etc., understanding the associated hazards in the department, and protecting workers from those hazards through information, training, and enforcement of procedures, laws, etc.
shipping and receiving
- Plan and oversee outbound logistics, including on-site and off-site warehouse inventory, and the transportation of finished goods.
- Collaborate with customer service and sales to perform assessment on strategic logistic opportunities.
- Establish and preserve relationships, as well as negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, and retailers and consumers for logistics providers and inbound supply of raw materials.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Shipping and Receiving processes and assist when needed.
- Confer with unit heads to ensure warehouse activities harmonize with that of other functions such as production and purchasing.
- Provide support to operational processes, including inspection, receiving, and storage; material usage, order picking, samples preparation and inbound and outbound shipments; and the handling and disposition of material activities.
- Responsible for monitoring and upholding inventory accuracy through cycle count process, investigation of variances, and quarterly and annual physical inventories.
Continuous Improvement and Departmental Monitoring
- Responsible for managing the department’s KPI’s, including visual controls; and report status to management.
- Spot and understand root cause of problems and execute counter-measures.
- Develop and implement lean initiatives to guarantee continuous improvement in processes, warehouse layout and equipment.
- Degree/ Diploma in Materials Management, Logistics, Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5 years of related work experience
- 1-2 years’ experience supervising a team
- Knowledge of international shipping and logistics
- Forklift certification
- Computer literate with:
- Intermediate experience with MS Word
- Intermediate to Advanced experience with MS Excel
- Knowledge or experience in an ISO environment is an asset
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) is an asset
- Ability to work independently
- Consistently thorough and precise