Medical Sales Representative, Alberta
As a member of our Global Sales team, you will grow market share and attain regional sales objectives by building relationships and directly educating and selling the benefits of TMI products to GP/FM and specialists, high-volume pharmacies, and applicable healthcare centres and clinics.
- Develop strong relationships with key opinion leaders, industry associations and clinical stakeholders.
- Communicate regularly with Regional Manager to provide feedback from the marketplace
Sales and Customer Management
- Drive achievement of the overall sales budget for the territory
- Meet individual call objectives.
- Achieve optimal product placement by providing strong support relationships with the broker sales team.
- Efficiently and effectively complete all ongoing territory management, e.g., conducting territory analysis, setting up face-to-face meetings, maintaining detailed account information for customers and key decision makers, etc.
- Generate sales leads by representing TMI at trade shows and related events as required.
- Complete all sales activity and key metric reporting on time.
- Maintain up to date and relevant contact lists.
Product and Market Knowledge
- Establish and maintain strong awareness of relevant therapy areas and their associated drug delivery and/or therapeutic mechanisms.
- Feedback to internal resources market insights, e.g., competitive details, industry trends, etc.
Health and Safety
- Comply with relevant health and safety legislation, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.
- Degree in Business or Science or a related field of study
- 3-5 years of experience in field sales with a medical device or pharmaceutical company background
- Experience building strong relationships with key points of contact within a territory.
- Excellent time and territory management skills as demonstrated by prioritizing detailing schedule based on potential return on investment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated skills in making professional presentations and facilitating training seminars.
- Computer literate with:
- Intermediate experience in MS Excel (spreadsheets)
- Intermediate experience in MS Power Point (presentations)
- Intermediate experience in MS Word (word processing)
- Intermediate experience in other MS applications.
- Solid understanding of the Canadian medical retail and healthcare professional markets, business practices, and regulations
- High level of motivation and proven ability to work from a home office with the majority of the time calling on high prescribers and KOLs in the assigned territory