Finance & Accounting Assistant
As a member of our Finance team, you will be responsible for the accurate and timely data entry, assisting with accounting procedures and financial record keeping.
- Assist the Accounts Payable Coordinator in recording accounts payable, coding and entering invoices in the accounting system.
- Respond to Accounts Payable queries from vendors and/or internal staff.
- Assist with the filing of certain tax remittances.
- Assist with the preparation of supporting documentation for TMI’s annual audit.
- Perform account and bank reconciliations.
- Assist with the updating of ERP data and/or metadata relevant to the Finance team.
- Assist with the coordination of the contract review process, ensuring all documents have been received and approved according to policy.
- Provide backup coverage to Accounts Receivable for vacations, etc.
- Assist with the updating and review of price lists in ERP.
health and safety
- Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.
- High School education
- 1+ year of experience with AP, AR, or clerical/administrative
- Education within Accounting, Economics, or relevant field is an asset.
- Experience working with an ERP or accounting program is an asset.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to collect outstanding invoices from customers using diplomacy and tact.
- Computer literate with:
- Intermediate to advanced experience in Windows based software
- Intermediate to advanced experience in MS Word
- Intermediate to advanced experience in MS Excel
- Intermediate to advanced experience in MS Dynamics Great Plains