As a member of our Finance team, you will support business decision making across the organization by efficiently providing relevant and timely financial information and analyses to internal decision makers. Recommend and lead process and system improvement initiatives across the organization.
- Provide product costing and financial analysis and insights to support business decision making.
- Support Controller by assisting with financial modelling.
- Support decision makers by assisting with forecasts and annual budgets.
- Develop and maintain key performance indicators, prepare reports, and conduct analyses.
- Assist in preparing quarterly financial reporting requirements.
Systems Development, Integration, Analysis and Continuous Improvement
- Develop, implement, and maintain computerized systems and reporting to increase departmental efficiencies and effectiveness, e.g., purchase requisitions.
- Maintain the data integrity of MS Great Plains and act as main liaison with TML IT staff for updates.
- Develop reports, provide training for financial systems and work with the IT department to identify and propose opportunities to improve system efficiency and effectiveness.
Health and Safety
- Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.
- Degree in Finance or a related field of study
- Professional accounting designation, e.g., CPA, CMA, CGA
- 4 years of experience in finance
- Computer literate with:
- Advanced experience in MS Excel
- Intermediate experience in MS Word, and Outlook
- Intermediate experience in MS Great Plains Dynamics or equivalent software package
- Intermediate experience in database reporting and SharePoint
- Project management or leadership experience
- Organizational skills to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and maintain information.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Initiative to pursue or lead projects.