Director, Finance & Administration
As a member of our Finance team, you will provide leadership to Finance and Accounting function to drive business growth and profitability. Drive risk reduction and improve long term business success.
Leadership & People Management
- Set direction for the Finance and Accounting function on how it contributes to overall business success and align resources accordingly
- Set financial planning and reporting rhythms that align with business cycles and execute to expectations
- Develop talents and capabilities that create a continuous improvement culture with high talent engagement and growth
- Manage functional risks and accountability.
Financial Planning, Analysis & Reporting
- Institute and maintain appropriate processes and controls to create simple and accurate reporting of various financial statements and working papers
- Institute and maintain appropriate processes and controls for application of policies and procedures related to all financial function aspects that result in timely and accurate monthly/quarterly/annual book closures
- Provide financial commentary and insights and drive actions to improve business results.
- Pro-actively manage key financial risks such as currency, cash and other risks
- Review business cases, contracts, etc, validate profitability assumptions and assess business risk
- Provide relevant analysis to the business by interpreting historical and emerging trends, especially as they relate to sales and margins.
- Monitoring expenditures for appropriateness ensuring the Company is buying competitively by evaluating financial and business justifications, business purpose and risk for fixed asset purchases.
Process Management & Systems
- Create consistency through implementing simple and clear processes that streamline finance and accounting function
- Implement appropriate processes, rhythms, controls and systems to make finance function world-class.
- Ad hoc analysis of various financial metrics to support key actions in other functions of the business
- Provide leadership with insights in key areas such as margin analysis, standard costs, key market benchmarks to support overall business success.
Health and Safety
- Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.
- Degree in Finance or Accounting or a related field of study
- 10 years of experience in industry
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to achieve results at all levels internally and externally
- Above average communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Computer literate with:
- Advanced experience in MS Office applications
- Advanced experience in accounting software applications