As a member of our Global Sales team, you will maximize regional field sales initiatives by establishing business relationships with key opinion leaders and industry associations, and through managing a regional sales force or broker to ensure awareness and attainment of TMI sales and profitability objectives at the regional level; liaise, assist and work with respective TMML manager and representatives to maximize sales opportunities within the hospital and home care markets.
- Ensure that staff have clarity of expectations and are coached to succeed.
- Ensure that schedules and established time standards are met, i.e., by organizing and directly supervising staff, administering leave, monitoring, and responding to staff headcount requirements, etc.
- Ensure employees are treated fairly and equitably, have a sense of self-esteem, and are encouraged to develop to their full potential, i.e., by administering workplace policies and programs.
- Ensure employees develop, i.e., by evaluating performance, providing feedback, and supporting their growth.
- Ensure employees can focus on their jobs, i.e., by resolving employee relations issues, performance problems, and disciplinary issues
- Develop relationships with key opinion leaders, industry associations and clinical stakeholders.
- Represent TMI at trade shows and related events as required.
Sales management and analysis
- Achieve annual sales targets while staying within a defined expense budget.
- Ensure that regional business plans are developed and executed.
- Ensure that there is optimal product placement at the wholesale distribution level for all existing and new product launches.
- Support regional hospital business as needed with TMML.
- Analyze the financial data of sales performance to either confirm or modify action plan if necessary.
Product Knowledge and management
- Develop a clear understanding of all aspects of TMI’s product portfolio.
- Ensure that there is product availability throughout regional retail outlets.
- Ensure optimal product listing at the wholesale distribution level for all current and new products launches.
- Ensure that all sales activity and key metric reporting are prepared on time.
Health and Safety
- Ensure compliance with relevant health and safety legislation, including the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.
- Degree in Business or Science or a related field of study
- 10 years of experience in sales industry experience within the medical device, pharmaceutical, or consumer brands marketplace, including 5 years of sales management experience
- A proven sales track record
- Proven experience managing a sales team
- Proven experience building strong relationships with key retail customers.
- Proven experience developing successful distribution markets.
- Solid understanding of the Canadian medical retail markets, business practices and regulations
- Solid understanding of private and public health insurers and mechanisms for medical device reimbursement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness and ability to travel in Canada at least 30% - 40% of the time.
- Ability to make sound business decisions with strong business acumen.
- High level of motivation
- Ability to work with little direct supervision.
- Demonstrated skills in oral presentation and providing training seminars.
- French literacy (reading, writing, speaking) is required for positions based in Quebec, and is an asset for positions based in regions outside of Quebec
At an applicant’s request, TMI will make accommodation to its recruitment process to meet the needs of applicants with disabilities.